Friday, January 28, 2011

Is He Worth It?

I wake up at 4:30 every morning to run and do my devotions before trying to get to work by 6. I zoom around the classroom, trying to get it al the lessons prepared before 14 energetic children enter the room. I hear my name called at least a thousand times a day, I listen to tattle tale stories, clean up messes, repeat myself until I am blue, give children praises while scolding others, and try to remember how to teach 1 plus 1. I then continue the madness by making older kids run, not taking any attitude, and finding ways to make them learn without killing each other. All this ends so I can go home, grade my life away, and begin the process again. Or your story might be similar but it takes place at an office building with colleagues or at your house with all the kids running around destroying things here and there. No matter what our circumstances look like and how the task must be complete, we must face the fact that life is hard and can easily get us down.

Luckily, I was asked a rhetorical question that gave me the time to ponder the answer. The pastor in church asked us if life was worth it. Is it really worth it being in the rat race or and most importantly doing the work of the Lord. He then answered, instead of "Is it worth it?" "Is He worth it?" This hit me as I then had to think about the purpose of doing things and the attitude in which I convery myself. "Is He Worth it?" Of course he is! Yes, the demans are too much at times and I lose patience but I have to keep my focus on the one who counts, the one who I am living for, Jesus Christ. I must keep telling myself, "He is Worth it" thus I must continue to perservere to show the Joy that only comes from him and to give the love that can only flor from the Lord. Easier said than done but it is possible if I continue to remind myself of Christ being worth it. Afterall, what I go through, is nothing compared to what my Savior did for all of us on the cross. Continue in perseverance for someday eternal life praising our Savior will be ours! In Corinthians 15, Paul saw that he was daily risking his life for Christ. He even asked is it worth, and to him it was for the salvation that we receive.

30 And why should we ourselves risk our lives hour by hour? 31 For I swear, dear brothers and sisters, that I face death daily. This is as certain as my pride in what Christ Jesus our Lord has done in you. 32 And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus[f]—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let’s feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”[g] 33 Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for “bad company corrupts good character.” 34 Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning. For to your shame I say that some of you don’t know God at all.


In other news, nothing too new to report except that I have a soccer game scheduled for a week from Monday. This is against the other American school here connected with the embassy. Everyone says they are good so we will see but we are playing the JV team. My kids are out of shape but I am excited for them to start playing some games. I also am excited to show off my white polo shirt that says AIS coach on it. Thanks mom and dad! What can I say, I am another vain coach who wants to dress the part but also it helps people identify me away from the kids because lets face, we all know I look like I am 12. Anways, the outcome should be interesting and I would love for us to have our first win ever. I just pray they don't give up and play hard the whole time.

Friday we had International Day at our school. We have 28 different countries represented at school with 209 students. It is such a melting pot and and amazing to be a part of that many cultures on a daily basis. During the day, each teacher presented on a different country to the kids and the kids came dressed up in traditional clothing. Of course, most cultures had very beautiful dresses while the Americans wore jeans, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap. We have such a rich culture! Then for lunch, all the families bring a dish to share and we enjoy lunch together with over 300 people. We have dishes from French Fries to sushi to Fufu. You name it or some of the things you probably wouldn't be able to name! My favorite part is after everyone eats as they call up one country at a time to get their picture taken on stage. Most people hate going on stage but it is cool to see them represent their country even if they are the only one. The pictures are on a friends camera so I promise to upload them hopefully later today. They are all beautiful students. It just reminds me of the amazing God we serve! He is a part of all these cultures and languages. He has made a way for all these children and parents to end up at AIS for a reason. It is a huge responsibility but exciting that I have an opportunity to share with these kids about Christ who do come from different backgrounds. I have been invited over to one of my students' home who is a Mulsim. Please pray for the interactions and that I will continue to show Christ in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment