Sunday, September 4, 2011

God calls if we listen

We went to Pram Pram today and talked about the parable of the talents. I think this is pretty talented, don't you? We love these kids so much!

Here is one of my kids after we made flowers from edible goodness! They all looked so cute!









Christmas on the last day of August! Can you see the one obrunei trying to be Ghanaian? On our day off we got to unload everything from the container that finally arrived from America. Fortunately, I got tons of soccer balls and math books. What more could you want?







This pictue doesn't capture the full effect but all the workers looked like ants carrying things on top of their heads. They are all so strong and willing to work. We didn't get to do much at this point of the unloading, so it became more of a spectator sport. Speaking of being a spectator, Laurie got us bleachers for the field! Go team!









With the title above, you are expecting me to tell you a huge praise or a revelation that God has revealed to me. Sorry, I have nothing outstanding to share but just the simple truth that our Savior does call us for different services and we must be willing "to clean our ears out" as I tell my second graders, so we can hear, listen, and then act to God's will for our lives. This is an interesting year for me as I feel the Lord tugging me in a different direction after this year but I have to be patient and wait for his direct call as He has not revealed His plan yet. I was reminded of this yesterday when I went to help with Auntie Jean's ministry up on the hill or mountain, depending on the elevation you have seen! I went to help the kids, but I ended up talking to Auntie Jean for a considerable time. Sometimes, I get caught up in the doing and felt guilty for not being out with the kids but then I realized how much we needed each other. She was able to share some personal moments with me and in return I poured out my thoughts through tears and laughter. It felt so good to talk with someone with no hidden agenda. The most important theme to learn in Ghana is just be and be willing to listen to others. All the doing in the world is not as rich as even a 15 minute heartfelt conversation. This was definitely hard for me at first but the Lord has been preparing me for an open heart and it is so good. I do not even know what tomorrow will hold but I know the Lord has it planned out what could be better. He is working in all of our lives and I am so thankful that He has given us the opportunity to be patient, and wait for the right timing to listen.






















With the other women teachers, we are studying David's life and right now we are in the middle of David hiding from Saul. This occurs in 1 Samuel in the 20's so you can read it for yourself but I will give you a little background. David awhile back had been anointed as the king but instead of preparing for the throne, he is running for His life from the jealous king. David questions God and I mean wouldn't you also? Well, I shouldn't talk for you but I know I would. Why would God have Samuel anoint him as King and then make him fear for His life? However, God always has a plan and through this time, David has to surrender all to God and trust in Him to find the way out of this mess while hiding in caves. I cry out to the Lord in misery when someone has just said something unkind but I have never been in a situation that I knew someone was trying to kill me. This puts it in perspective that my God can overcome and little pity problem I have as He protected David from being murdered. Oh the hope we can have in our Savior is in incredible and I just pray that I keep that thought at all times. We must go through the difficulties to see God's plan seen out but I promise it is worth every "cave hiding" or crying out the Lord as being in His arms is the comfort we have always dreamed of. Through this time, David writes several Psalms about praising God. It is my prayer for you and myself that even through the darkness God is still there to be praised.






















Psalm 52:9 "I will praise you forever for what you have done in your name. I will hope for you name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."






















Psalme 54:6 "I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you. I will praise your name, Oh Lord, for it is good."






















Nothing too exciting happened this week except that we had a scavenger hunt for Kim's birthday on Wednesday. This was crazy as the obruneis pretended to be a mate on a trotro(takes the money), pounded fufu, wheelbarrowed across the new land, held a chicken, and pushed a fan ice cart. We definitely will be the talk of the town! When in Ghana find random fun to do, that is my motto! Also on Wednesday, it was the end of Ramadan so we did not have school. Instead, we had Christmas in August as we unloaded everything from the container that came from America. I got new math books, more phonics books, and most importantly, new soccer balls! In 2 1/2 hours, we had everything off, stamped, and into classrooms, not too shabby!






















On Friday, we were praying which we do every morning and one of the girls prayed, " Lord, thank you for bringing Miss Sopcisak into my life. Thank you for teaching us and pray that we listen to her." This was so cute and really touched my heart. This was a reminder that I really need to pour into these kids and give them love as a lot of their parents are traveling and there are several who do not have a father in their lives. I know the majority go to church but some do not. Please pray that these students will be open to the Word of God and God will use me to bring them to Christ if it is the right time. There favorite time of the day is bible time and I am so joyful to share the word with them especially since they are so hungry for it. You know my favorite saying is "the Joy of the Lord" and one of my students wrote in his paper that he loved his dad because he taught him how to have the "Joy of the Lord." That made me so happy as I want my kids to understand how joyful we can be in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment