Monday, March 28, 2011

Truth from a Child

Have I ever told you I love children? Well, I do. Sometimes I have to remind myself of this fact but deep down I love them a lot, especially second graders. You just never know what they will say and when they say it, you better listen beause it is profound. One of my reading groups is reading a book about the revolutionary war They had to write down supplies they would need for the war. One boy wrote "shoes, muskets, soup, meat, hardtack, weapons, knives, blue cloth, and God. These are the things for war." I was taken back by this statement especially to put God at the end to show without God there is no need for anything else and he is necessary for war. In fact, we go to war each day(my friend literally goes to War each day as that is the name of her town) with the enemy. I fight everyday to stay calm, patient, have kind thoughts, show joy, etc. Yes, I have to have many supplies to make my day function but without God, none of the day would be possible to fight against the one who wants to tear us down. Thank you Lord that you are willing to fight for us everyday even we put it on our supply list or not. Later on in the day, we were writing sentences with pronouns. Sometimes I show them pictures on my computer and then they write about those as they get really creative. I showed them a picture of my talking at halftime to the soccer team. One girl all on her own without being prodded by me wrote to the soccer players, "Miss Sopcisak is trying to teach you but you don't listen. It is hard to coach you beacuse you don't listen." I died when I wrote this because it is the truth and I could have never said it so clearly! I read this to the soccer players and they also were shocked. They insisted that I told her to write it or I did it myself. Alas, no I am not that clever. Like the title clearly states, the truth from a child and it doesn't get more truthful than that. Thank you Lord for blossoming minds who aren't afraid to speak the truth when they see it and help grown-ups take a step back to see the reality of situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment