Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pictures from Ghana

Cathy and mom walking to school on the lovely path!

We gave the kids their usual water packet and then rubber ducks. The boys thought it was clever to put the ducks on their "ponds." They are so precious!



On the last day of school, my girls planned a song for me and the boys about friends and saying goodbye. It was so sweet!






On the last day of school, I recognized each one of my kids with a special award. They all worked very hard and deserved to be honor. I will miss them all but glad for the times together!







We had a water party in class before school ended. Want to have a good time? Just pour water on kids, i doesn't take much!










My dad and one of my beautiful high school soccer players. She had a good time hanging out with my parents and sister.















When my parents got to Ghana, we had to take down the net on the field. Dad came in handy!















I thought I saw it all on a person's head but then on the beach we saw this, a sewing machine. Ghanaians are amazing!
















Mom and I at the beach! It was amazing to spend such good time with her in a beautiful place.


















This is mom during the canopy walk! She was glad to make it to each level and rest on the platform. She is beatuiful staning in the treetops.























Cathy and mom are learning how to make brooms by cutting out the middle sping of each palm branch. They needed some help but had really good teachers!

















































I am teaching math int he classroom. I love the open windows that look out into the forest. The children work hard and are improving.





























The girls infront of our little house in the village. We finally settled in and had a blast.



























All of the children greeted us when we arrived. They love having their picture taken! They are so beautiful and learning so much everyday. I am privileged to know them.































I am home from Ghana! It has been four days and it seems so natural to be here. There are some things that are hard such as remembering to put seatbelts on in the car,
use the right money, seeing so many white people, and having sunlight until after 9, crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment