Saturday, August 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I am back in beautiful Ghana. It was interesting, coming here this time because it seemed so natural. I was just heading over to my other home, back to where I live now. Please don’t get me wrong, I love my family and friends back at home. I was able to see gorgeous friends, be encouraged by others, and laugh plenty with my family. I will never trade those memories for a second. However, I love Ghana as well, even though that seems selfish at times. The moment I got here, I was welcomed, offered help, and yes even called obruni(white person.) Never a better sound, feeling, and smell(yuck, minus the smell!). It is such a blast seeing old friends and getting a chance to ask about their family and talk a little twi. Hey truly are wonderful people and I am blessed to learn the trust they have in the Lord. Things are a bit stressful right now with trying to finish a fourth floor on the building, wondering if I have to move classrooms, and fit five thousand kids in our school! Okay, not that many but we still have 270 kids. It really is amazing that 6 years ago, we only had 30 kids in the school and now we have 270. Only God could increase that number in such a short time. It is a true blessing but it will take extra effort this year to make the school run smoothly. Yes, God is good and he will get us through each second, even the difficult ones. I pray you are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment