Sunday, December 25, 2011

Love Came Down

This is where the Sultan's use to live in ancient Istanbul which used to be called Constantinople. There is such a rich history in Istanbul.



The picture is looking out into the Marmar Sea. The far land is Asia. It is such a beautiful landscape and I wish I could see it in the summer.




This is a mosque that use to be a church which would have occured during the 4th crusade. It is hard not noticing how grande the mosques are we must keep our focus on Christ, the creator of all















Before I left, I made some of the kids on the street breakfast. They ate like kings and queens with french toast, banana bread, and apples. Oh yes, they also enjoyed the sweet syrup as they are not use to such sugary things. I love these beauitful one dearly.









I must admit right off the bat that I stole this title from a Point of Grace Christmas Song but I was hoping you wouldn't mind too much. I actually haven't heard this song this Christmas but thought the point was appropriate. I am sitting at the table while my family members play with their new "toy" aka a Kindle. However, I am quite content as I have experienced a Christmas that I have not since three Christmases ago. I have spent two amazing Christmases in Ghana but God knew it was time for me to be home. I definitely appreciated this Christmas more so and enjoyed just the little moments as I forgot all the beautiful memories with the ones I loved.
























Last night at the Cande Eve Service, I was reminded of how much I love my family and church members. As I looked around while listening to specials or singing carols, I couldn't help but break out in a huge smile. This is my family and we have all grown in our walk with Christ. Some of the kids are starting to share their talents with specials or help with the sound. Others are just reaching out to new members or offering help to the person in the pew behind them. We are definitely not a large church, but we care for one another and lift each other up through the grace of God which is irreplaceable. I loved being in Ghana but nothing can replace being with close family and friends.
























The last week has been filled with, well at first just trying to get home. When I finally made it to New York, the plane was late yet again and I missed my connecting flight. Going through customs was fun as my luggage was not on the conveyor belt. The customs officials were not thrilled that I was coming from an international location without any baggage but I tried to explain why although that was too confusing. At the connecting counter, she wasn't too happy with me as I was late and didn't have luggage. In the midst of this, I saw my luggage just sitting there, which now I realized had been there since the day before. She was now not happy at all that I had taken luggage and was just conufsed on everything. I wasn't in the odd to explain and just started crying(what a girl!) which made her livid. After all that, I got my luggage taken care, praise the Lord! However, my phone was dead so I scrounged up coins to call on a pay phone(they still make these!) to say I would be late. What an ordeal but it made me appreciate getting home even more!
























The next day was bright and early as I helped Cathy in her classroom teaching about the Netherlands. I loved her kids and wished I could be around them more. They got attached fast but alas had other things to do. I have been so blessed to help with church ministry as I have missed this. It definitely was a busy week but God prevails and showers us with wonderful moments that we will remember.
























Oh yes, back to my title. Love came down as Christ. He came down as a small baby, with the world hoping He would crush the enemy. To some people, they were disappointed in that He died before sitting on the throne but this was the greatest victory. His dieing enabled us as sinners, to be saved from our sins and thus spend eternity in Heaven with our Savior. How can love be described in another perfect way? To God be the Glory! I pray we can spread the Love of Christ with the unconditional giving and just attitude of our very being.
























I am going back in such a short time, Friday to be exact. However, I am looking forward to the chance to experience Togo and the many opportunities for teacher training there. I have enjoyed each moment in the states and will hold on to those cherished memories.
























Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy! Thanks for chronicling your bumpy but interesting trip home. It was wonderful to see you if only for a brief time. I wanted to let you know that I started my new blog: onthisdayinreycurre.blogspot.com See you online sometime soon! Maybe I'll be in Costa Rica by then!

    ReplyDelete