Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh Lord my Strength and Redeemer

A verse that has been on my mind lately is Psalm 19:14
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart by acceptable unto you, Oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer. "
This has been a tremendous blessing to me the past couple of weeks as I tend to worry about everything else and just ponder about issues I can't control. What a blessing that I do not have to worry about these trivial issues as the Lord is their for strength and redemption. I can praise him through every circumstance. Before I even speak or wonder, I must remind myself that my thoughts and words have to be pleasing to the Lord. Everything I do must be a reflection on his goodness. I am so thankful that he knows my thoughts so I am accountable for my actions and and so I can please the Lord in all I do. No, I am definitely not perfect, but the Lord shows his strengths through my weaknesses.
Ghana has been good to me as I have learned to be more carefree, definitely more patient, and more dependent on my Savior. The next few statements I am about to share might knock you off your chair but I promise it is true and it just shows you how much the Lord can work even through our weaknesses. Those of you who know me well will know that I use to be a germaphobe, a horrible one at that. However, I did a rejoiced on Saturday after I realized how far I have come from those bleak days. I was dribbling the ball down the street to play with some of the street kids when all of a sudden I lost control and of course the ball went right in the gutter. Oh no, it couldn't have been a clean, dry gutter but a soppy, green, wet, well you get the picture or want to get the picture out of your mind that I am describing! Anyways, with no hesitation I stooped down by the gutter, picked up the ball with attempt to touch the dry spots but nonetheless touching the wet spots with who knows what on it, and kept on playing after I just wiped my hands in the grass. Who am I? I am not sure but I am thankful for the decrease in worry and more faith in Christ as worrying gets you nowhere. We had a great afternoon playing soccer with the kids and random adults who walked by. They are all such a blessing and it is important to invest in them. It will be sad to leave them, as they have impacted my life with their constant smiles and warm hugs, but I know the memories will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment