Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fellowship, Trials, Rejoicing

Well, this about sums life up right here so I guess I don't need to blog but for those of you who took the time to upload my page, the polite thing is to expand on these topics which is fine with me. Afterall, I am an expert on all subjects(except for humility!) so I will enlighten you!

Alright, aside the humor on non-humor depending on how you saw it, last weekend at church we had communion so the message was on being in fellowship with one another and how important that is as a body to each other. That is why I love my churches at home because I can be in fellowship with believers as we encourage one another to follow the Lord. Side note real quickly, I am going to church every week and I usually go to one called Asbury but I am trying a new church today. I know I was told in college not to church hop but it is hard to do here since it depends where I can get a ride and who is preaching since they all switch pastors every week. Most of you know I love to be involved in church for the fellowship and commandments from the Lord but right now I am finding it difficult since nothing is consistent. Please pray for me in this area that I would find a body where I could be plugged in at. Although I might not have a strong church family yet, I do have the teachers at the school who have been my church. Last Sunday, the business manager, who has five kids and just moved here from Mississippi, had all of us over for dinner. We enjoyed good food and conversations and then we sang worship songs while a volunteer who just came played the guitar. This reminded me of college as we praised the Lord in chapel or in small group settings. It is amazing to here believers of all ages coming to praise one Lord and speak of his sovereign name.

Little did we know that this time of praising the Lord was necessary to get through the next day. It wasn't horrible things but enough to get your irritated. From Saturday night to Monday night, half of the house did not have electricity. My plugs in my room worked but not my light or my fan. In another room, the lights worked but not the plugs. Random wiring!
So, Monday morning was difficult because we had to do everything in the dark. On top of that, my roommate woke up to find ants all in her clothing! So we had to take everything out and wash everything right away. This again happened on Tuesday night and I have a lot of ant bites to prove it! They hurt!

Anyways, so then we realized that our fridge wasn't working too well and when we looked at the plug, we realized that our fridge guard was missing which helps the fridge not get zapped. We talked to the girls downstairs and they realized their's was missing also! Last week I told you that we had to let our day guard go because we were afraid he was stealing from us. We were feeling guilty about it but now we feel better about our decision since he has been the only one in our house for awhile. We are guessing that he took them to sell but it is still a shame that he had to take from us!

So then we finally got to school and the copier wasn't working, the printer, you name it but it was really neat because through it my roommates and I kept saying how it had to be a better day because it couldn't get any worse and we kept praising the Lord who would get us through it! How amazing to have that encouragement from other believers who are also my colleagues. I know some teachers struggle because they do not get encouragement in their work setting but I am thankful to work with teachers who know me personally and keep me accountable with my relationship in Christ. As a body, we were able to turn the beginning of the week into a praise and worship concert for the Lord!

On Wednesdays, we have bible study with all of the single girl teachers at the school. This is a time where we can pray for one another, eat together, and study the work of God. We are studying the book of Acts and last week we talked about if we have ever seen a miracle and it was hard for us to think about a specific time but this week I started to pay closer attention to things and realized how much God does bless us in even small ways. I don't take the time to look at something and wow, that could have only come from God but it actually happens all the time! This week, think about each thing that happens in your life and thank the Lord for how he truly is working even if it is having a good hair day to healing a sickness! I think here it is easier to see God's blessings because everything here is a inconvenience so when something that should work but usually doesn't, is actually working, it is definitely a blessing from the Lord! I am not saying that we are only blessed here, I am just saying being here has helped me realized how much the Lord does have a hand in our lives and how much I really do need to thank him for how he takes care of me! There you have it for this edition of fellowship, trials, rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment