Sunday, February 7, 2010

Math Month Madness


Instead of March madness I have created my own madness of math. Yippee! Auntie Jean is teachng the children math this month so we can have a competition at the end to test their skills. I have volunteered(not stupidly but willingly!) to be in charge which equals a lot of work but it is worth it! Yesterday the kids came back to Auntie Jean's since the Christmas program as she took the month of January off. We didn't have too many but I know more will start coming. My friend and I went around and had them answer math questions on dry erase boards which they were more than willing to do since they were dry erase boards! The kids would count by making tally marks and then adding them all so we have a lot of work to do. It is hard to get my kids to pay attention when I give them popsicle sticks to count or other manipulatives but imagine trying to get children to learn when they have never used materials before or when they don't understand you in English! It reminds me of being in Ethiopia again I know with all of our hard work we will make it happen. I just pray that the kids will make progress! So please keep this in your prayers if you think of it! Or if you have any great ideas for me to use! I am using my things from my classroom which I don' mind but I know it will get ruined pretty fast as they put things in their mouth or jus get dirt on them. You just never know where their hands have been but you just don't think about it.


Last Wednesday, my kids led chapel. We used past VBS songs that Cathy sent me. It was so fun and I felt like in my element. I love that my kids get so into it and are so joyful. My theme is the Joy of the Lord so obviously we had to sing a song about JOY! For our own special we did the "Blind Man Song" and acted it out. This is a camp song and the kids did such a great job. I will post the pictures with this blog. I can't help but post their pictures since they are so cute!

so

Oh this blog is three weeks old, the wonderful internet has been fantastic with connection. More are coming your way. Thanks for reading my blog, I am praying for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment