Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

When was a freshman in college, which was such a long time ago, Jehovah Jireh had a funny but important meaning. It still is important and impactful but because of one moment, I will never forget Jehovah Jireh. We were playing a soccer match in Chicago and our goalkeeper forget her gloves. Of course she was freaking out but our assistant coach kept yelling Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Jireh, God provides! At first we weren't sure what she was saying but then we figured it out and we were laughing hysterically. For then on, it became an inside joke and right now I still find it funny although you probably do not. That is okay because it has heklped remind me the importance of praising the Lord when he does provide in many glorious ways. This was evident this week with a trivial thing such as a soccer field. I have been fighting for a long time for our field and it finally became a reality just Friday. Trying to meet deadlines here is difficult and after passing one a week ago, everything finally came together. We had a game Friday and just that morning, they were still digging level ground for three of the corners, lining the field, and fixing the goal areas so there were less rocks. The field is a combination of rocks, dirt, sand, and trash but it is our very own. We ended up losing the game but to me it was a triumphant celebration because we managed to finish the field just in time. I was there Thursday night until after 7 in the pitch black putting up the goal posts while the van shone light on it. They dug holes, filled the holes with rocks and then buried it all up again. They seem to be holding so I guess it works. Usually my kids are down after a loss but they are learning to take each game in strides and we are improving each game. We now have more room to work on tactics even though we only have 3 games left. God provides and I need to give him the credit because it only gets done with his help.

In other news, we had a compliment party in class on Friday when they have listened well and earned compliments from myself or other teachers. We decided to have a breakfast party so the kids brought in their favorite morning goodies and we even wore our pajamas. We included a dance party and reading time snuggled up in the castle with our blankets. We didn't get much paper work done but we had a good time which needs to be done sometimes. I love these children dearly and don't want them to leave me. We must embrace each moment.

We also had our spring musical on Saturday and we did Sound of Musical. They did more of the songs then acting it all out but involved preschool students to grade 9. It was a lot to organize but it worked out well. The high schoolers were not too happy about it, especially my soccer boys, but I must say it was hilarious to watch them sing and dance. School functions help us all celebrate the talents God has given us and the unique school setting that we have as they all come from so many different backgrounds. Please pray that everyone can finish the year on a good note and strong as we are all starting to get worn down. My parents come in 3 weeks and I couldn't be more ecstatic!

In all we do, I pray that we can glorify the Lord and yell, "Jehovah, Jireh, God provides!" I need to continue to count my blessings but He does provide in ways I can't even fathom. Today the sermon was on getting ready for Christ's return and how we need to reach out to those who don't know the Lord. I pray that we can all be on our knees for those who have not accepted the Lord or who are turned off from His message. Let us be the light of Jesus and proclaim his name to every nook and cranny around.

No comments:

Post a Comment