Saturday, November 7, 2009

Different Reasons, Same Purpose

Last Sunday I had the privilege of going to Prom Prom which is a village 45 minutes away near the ocean where they have a children’s home. It was founded by a German lady who was sick so she came to Ghana for some healing herb but then found the Lord through it all. She saw all of the children on the streets and decided to take action by starting a home for the children. When we arrived there late, the children were already under the big hut pavilion worshipping their Lord with their beautiful voices and the beat of a drum. What more do you need? Most of it was in twih so I did not understand it and to be honest even when they sang in English it was hard to make out the words. That didn’t matter as God can hear us all in our own tongue and in our own way. The children moved with the Joy of the Lord as their voices rang out loud to the Lord. Yes, they do have Joy in Jesus even if they have nothing but each other. After the service, the girls showed us to their rooms as they are use to having company. The compound reminded me a lot of Project Mercy in Ethiopia but this one was nicer. There was a girls and boys dormitory, a very nice playground, and an L shape of classrooms. The school is open to children in the area as well but there is only about 10 students per class. This is a little different than Ethiopia as there are up to 80 per class in the lower elementary! It was so peaceful there and it was amazing to see that the vision of one lady could come alive to help so many children. Oh, I just yearn for this someday as my friends and I have a dream to start our own school someday. It is hard waiting but I am constantly reminded that the Lord will provide in His time. After all, He got me this far. Who would have thunk?(alright not correct English but I like to use it!)
Oh yes, so back to the title since I haven’t explained it yet. I left out parts of the story as I never explained how we got there. A family at our school, have lived in Ghana for 15 years. They spent most of their Kumasi which is about 4 hours away but they have lived in Accra for 4 years. They are such a blessing as they always open their home to us and take us to church. For the past 4 years they have been going to Prom Prom on the first Sunday of every month and we are always welcome to comes. They do an object lesson and then a short devotional which I know the children thoroughly enjoy as they know a lot of Twih and they have really built a relationship with them. Through the Mosleys and at church, I have met many missionary families with all unique stories. It is so interesting to hear how the Lord has brought everyone here for a different reason but all for the purpose of proclaiming His name to the people in need. Sometimes I wonder if my job is insignificant since there are a ton of missionaries here but then I see all of the needs that are still not met. So overwhelming! I love hearing the stories of how everyone met or how they got to Ghana. One family that moved here during the summer are working with the orphanage, Beacon House. The husband interned with Mr. Mosley number of years back. After that, he met his wife and he asked her what she wanted to do with her life and she said, “move to Ghana” and then he said “Do you want to get married now?” I hope I find that! Don’t worry I am not in a rush. Anyways, they have really been a blessing here and now the husband has the desire to go get his doctorate degree so they can return and start a school and hospital in the north. Also, before they left, they did a home care study so they could possibly adopt when they were over here. About a month ago, they were asked to foster a cute baby boy which of course they have fallen in love with. Since they did that study, they are now able to adopt if the possibility arises. How amazing is that?
I have so many stories of how the Lord is working here through faithful missionaries who came for one reason or another but are all following God’s call. I know that just doesn’t happen in Ghana but wherever we may be if that is where the Lord has us for the time. Please pray for all the missionaries in Ghana as support can be tight right now and how the need can look overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment