Saturday, November 13, 2010

God keeps his Promises

Last Sunday, we went to Pram Pram as our normal first Sunday of the month tradition. This time was a little different as we took high school students with us who are part of Community Service. This was great because then they planned the lesson and not us on the way there like usual. Actually, I was very proud of the high schoolers as they planned the lesson and the craft. They did the story on Noah and talked about his promise to never flood the earth again with water. This week, I have seen how God does keep his promises and reminds me repeatedly of this. How quickly we forget that He is in control and provides in suitable ways for us when it is His timing. However, back to the conversation of Pram Pram; it is really important for students to be involved in ministry and community service as it teaches them the imortance of sticking with commitments and taking initative. Some of the students jumped in their right away to help while we had to tell others to go help with the craft. As time goes on, I know they will be more comfortable in just taking the responsibility they see a need for and going with it. In addition to a God-centered morning through the joyful worship and then the story, the time with all the high schoolers was entertaining as they all have stories to shae about home life in school. No other school do you have the opportunity to come in contact with the students out of school in a healthy way without it being too weird. It really is a blessing as most of these kids do not have anyone else to talk to at home as their parents work all the time. These students are all so precious and just want a voice to be heard.

Yesterday(Saturday) we had a joyful occassion at school as we had a party for all of the workers who helped put up the building. Noone can believe that we added another floor to the school in just two months as everything takes forever in Ghana! We had painters sleeping in the school so the work would get finished. It certainly is a miracle but most importantly it is God working in His timing to provide for His children. We had over 30 families there which was really fun to watch the fathers interact with their children. The morning and afternoon were even complete with a bouncy castle, sidewalk chalk, a water fight, bubbles, and a random dance party which I think thrilled the teachers more than the kids but we are allowed to have fun too! These men are proud of their trade and their familiy and it is a privilege to know eaach one of them as they work so hard for this school since they see how God is working here. One of the students had been turned off to the bible and had never set foot in a church. This year he accepted Christ during a chapel and now loves to proclaim Christ's name! He asked Mrs. Crosby one day if it was important to proclaim Jesus' name. She said yes and he told her that he had a conversation with a little boy about God being the only one to constantly remain as everything else will pass away. He was excited that He was proclaiming the name of Jesus. For the first time this year, we have two Chinese students. They explained to the parents that the kids would have bible everyday. The mother said the she didn't believe in God but she didn't care if the child did. God is tugging at these students' hearts and He is winning the battles. It is such a blessing to witness God working in these students' lives but there are many more who are still hurting and don't see the need for Christ. Please pray that the staff will be committed to talking with the students and really taking the time to get to know them on a personal level so they see the need for a personal savior.

In exciting news, Laurie happen to have lunch with someone at the Embassy who gives grants to different American organizations. The administration met with this company on Friday and there is a good chance we will get a lot and I mean a lot of money to so we can actually build a school that actually functions as a school. After reading Esther, I have started to realize how God works for such a time as this and this is true again in this matter. We went from being stuck in this building forever to almost having land and the money to pay for it. Praise the Lord!

Psalm 63: 1-8

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. 2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. 3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. 4 Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. 6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. 7 Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. 8 My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment