Sunday, June 17, 2012

God's Better Plan

God has definitely switched plans in a quick matter of time.  A week and a half ago I was in Togo riding motorcycles, learning how to greet people after they already sit in the living room, and playing games with kids in French.  Now, for the first time in five months, I am safely at home in good old Bright, Indiana.  God is good and I am so happy to be with my family.  A lot has happened in the last week and I hope to catch up in a short amount of time.  I have left my beloved Ghana where I have taught 2nd grade for threes and have loved investing in my kids.  I am now moving to Togo, which is east of Ghana, to help train local teachers in Christian schools.  God has given me the passion to reach the kids who have little but need to know their savior and receive a great education.  I will be discipling the teachers in their walk with Christ and helping them find great teaching methods.  I thought it would take awhile to get there but God is good and I am going back in September.  I will be staying just for a year as a short term missionary with Fellowship International Mission.  I will then return after this year to raise the rest of my support.  I was so afraid of not getting there quickly and I freaked when plans seemd to fall apart.  Obviously, God's plan was so much better and now I get to go back right away so I can help with the teacher training.  The missionary i will be helping with there, Bea, has to leave for good in October so it is important I am there in early September to help with it all.  What a blessing.  I am learning to not freak and lose focus on God when plans don't work out exactly.  He knows best and God has proved to again knock my socks off.  I am able to come back right away now due to circumstances.  So lesson learned, God's way is definitely better than we could even imagine, even when it seems ludicrous at the time.  For now, I will be trying to adjust to the states and raise support so I can continue to love on the kids in Togo.

No comments:

Post a Comment