Sunday, February 6, 2011

At His Feet

The kids on my street run to me whenever I have bags in my hands. It is such a joy to see their smiling faces and they are so willing to help. I hate making them carry their bags but they do love it and you can't get this service anywhere else.






Alright, kind of vain to have my own picture. One of my soccer boys took this picture but I thought it would be with the some of the kids. Oh well, I promise there are kids around me!


We taught Jesus' miracle of feeding the five thousand. One of my boys is passing out fish crackers. The kids loved snacks!



Arr!!!! Matey's! We learned the ar sound this week so obviously we made a pirate's hat for Arrr! They had to write all the ar words they could think of before trying on their hat. Alright, they are a little small, but they work.




My kids are so cute and hams for the camera! The boy on the right is Praise whose mother is my friend that works in the village. Someone blessed them with a new truck so they came to pick it up. God works in many ways.





Feet especially here are disgusting. They can never stay clean with all the dust and red clay. The thought of bowing down to someones feet sounds revolting but not when I am facing the feet of my creator, who sacrificed his life for me. I was having a rough Monday, just processing through things when the song below came on my itunes randomly. Obviously it was not random as God had a plan. I have heard this song many times but it impacted me in a huge way at this particular moment. I love when I can tell that God is talking to me. What a relief that we can rest at Jesus' feet and leave our burden there. What a honor to be able to bow down at Jesus' feet and proclaim "here I am Lord" I was comforted by this fact and am so thankful for God who speaks to me at the right moment. There are difficulties but I have God for comfort and this is sufficient enough.


at Your feet, I lay my past down

My wanderings, all my mistakes down

And I am free Here at Your feet,

I lay this day down Not in my strength,

but in Yours I’ve foundAll I need,

You’re all I needJesus, Jesus, at Your feet

Oh, to dwell and never leave Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet

There is nowhere else for me

There is nowhere else for me

Here at Your feet,

I lay my future downAll of my dreams, I give to You now

And I find peace, I find peace
Nothing too exciting happened this week(two weeks ago), just the craziness of my life. On Wednesday after chapel, one of my girls got a bloody nose. The scene the unfolded is comical now but at the time very draining. I have one in the bathroom trying to keep blood in her nose with remnants of the ordeal in the hallway. I am meeting with, well trying to meet with one of the reading groups while other kids are outside my back door sidewalk chalking their spelling words. One of them asked to chalk in an area not covered yet and I agreed, not realizing it was more of a platform and roof of a small box rather than the sidewalk. Just added to the fun! When the kids came back, they were covered in head to toe with chalk as if they had rolled around in it. Could have happened. I still had the one with the bloody nose while the other groups tried to do work. What a mess but a typical chaotic day in my room. I wonder how I manage to be a teach somedays but I know God equips me with the necessary tools. I could worry myself sick but know that i can only do my best as that is what God call us to do. I love my children and they think I am crazy so I think I am doing my job well.
One huge praise! A senior girl asked the director to help her accept Christ. She is struggling right now with her family accepting her Faith and learning how to grow in the truth of her Savior. Please pray for her and that she will be supported by the staff and students at school. There are so many students who are searching and questioning. We pray that they surrender to Christ and fall at his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment