Friday, February 3, 2012

Backwards Day

I know, not my typical titles but I must admit that the creative juices were just not flowing today. I guess it is after midnight on a Friday after a full week of school, which might explain some of it or it might be due to the fact that we just finished backwards day in my classroom. My students throughout the year earn compliments for good behavior in class or in other specials. When our chain hits the ground, we celebrate with a party and I usually switch the theme everytime. This time, the kids decided to have a backwards party which consisted of them wearing their shirts backwards(wearing polo shirts backwards is uncomfortable!) walking backwards, and writing our names backwards. Did you know that my name is Kasicpos backwards? Anyways, the children and I had a joyous day being unique and creative in many backward ways. We also made pirate hats since we were learning the "ar" sound and pirates say arrr. I have some cute pictures but alas they are on someone else's camera. I do love my little ones and their amazing thoughts that keep my classroom vibrant.

This is the second week I have taught soccer for elementary students. The 3-5th meet twice and week and we have K-2nd once a week. They are definitely a handful especially when the generator is going full blast right there but the Lord is good and has gotten us through it. The kids love soccer and love having the time to play so it is worth the effort. I pray they can put into practice what they learn and also realize the importance of working together as a team. Please pray I will be able to reach these children in a new light and ultimately show them how to glorify God through soccer.

My kids were hilarious this week. I know there is more but I can only remember a few funny quotes. One of them on Monday told me she had flurms in her throat. When I questioned her she said, "you know, the sticky substance in your throat." "Oh!" we said, "you must mean flim!" She insisted that no it was flurms but I am pretty sure that is a synonym of flim. On another occassion, I was about to begin reading with a group of four students when on of them exclaimed, " Miss Sop, how did it feel when you first became a second grade teacher?" Next year will you be promoted to third grade or...." (he was looking for the word demoted.) Oh they do make me laugh! We were talking about Abraha, this week and our God made him the father of Israel. One of them said, "Oh said that is where the song Father Abraham comes from!" I am glad he knows how to teach better than I do! This was a perfect idea and a great song to sing and then talk about. Are you smarter than a second grade? I am starting to think I am not!

Speaking of Abraham, some encouraging words for you as I go through Romans.

" And when God counted him as righteous, it wasnt just for Abraham's benefit. it was recorded for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God."

Romans 4:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment