Sunday, April 22, 2012

Truth with a capital T


Oh yes the truth, nothing but the Truth. I have been going through a book with my ninth grade small group about young lies that women can believe and how to steer away from them. Again, of course I know the Truth stems from Christ but it can be easy to get caught up into feeling sorrow for myself or other random feelings. There are days when I just don't want to get out of bed or do work and yes, I know we all have those feelings but I want to feel free and feel excited to start each day. There is nothing stopping me if I continue to stand firm in the Truth and run to Christ for my acceptance. I know, random thoughts but I like sharing struggles because it just shows how powerful Christ is!

On Saturday, Josiah and I went to read and sit with the onion boys. On Friday, I mentioned to him that at the first tree we go to with the boys, it just seems awkward and they are not as accepting to us. He reminded me of something I had written in an earlier blog about loving on these boys since noone else does and they are seemed as a lower class. I needed these words that were ironically written by me to remind me that we do not always have to feel welcomed or like we are making a difference but we are always called to love and to go to all people who need the gospel. Of course God showed reminded me of His Glory and the call we have to continue to love because we had a fantastic time with the guys. It might have been because we had been gone for three weeks but they loved reading and talking to us. They loved teaching us Zarma even more and hearing our horrible pronunciations. What a blessing God showed me through this time.

Today, I played in a gutter. I know this sounds ridiculous but it is oh so true. Before you have those thoughts of never wanting to be close to me again, it was a clean gutter that has not been used yet! Our street is putting in new gutters so it looks like a war zone right now. They decided to tear up the whole entire street on both sides before constructing each part of the gutter along the long road. However, it does become a great playground for kids! We spent some of the afternoon rolling a ball down the clean gutter, playing our version of "gutter ball!" I was helping Rafik jump across the gutter but then he was trying to jump on his own which makes me a horrible Auntie! He was then taking cement pieces and saying in Twi, "God has given me money!" He is such a funny little kid! Please pray for all of these children as they just need a lot of love!

In other random news, we went to an Italian circus in Ghana on Friday.  I know random  right?  It was something else to do on a Friday night and we went with some friends of ours from church.  Who knew that Ghanians are deathly afraid of snakes?  We really want to take some of the kids on the street since they never would  have this chance.  Please pray it works out.



I pray everyone has enjoyed there wonderful weekend and are ready for another fantastic week to praise the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment