Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jehovah-You are the most High

Kids at my house during Kids club with their new school supplies. Thank you for all those who donated supplies from my church. The kids were so happy to get them. Even a pencil and especially pencil sharpeners was a big treat for them.


Are those boys or just bags of supplies? These groups of boys are so funny!






My class enjoying frozen treats after a community walk. Aren't they adorable




My classroom with my amazing castle. The kids are enjoying free reading time.





Kids busy at work. There are so many different places in my classroom to go!






The front of my classroom. Yes, maybe a little too busy but there is a lot to know!















This week proved to be an exciting and jam packed one as the directors from all of the other NICS schools in Asia and Africa came here for a conference. This meant I had to clean my classroom even more than usual which probably was a good thing! Don't worry, it was a mess by Monday, just the way I like it! I can't help it, we just get busy doing things. Having the directors here helped me realize the impact that Christians schools are making throughout the school and how through NICS we have the responsibility to pray for one another as we minister to these precious children. On Wednesdy, we had Alabaster Box come which is a well known accapella music group from Ghana. I have included videos of them below as their voices just sing praises to our Lord. It was such a joyful chapel with all of the school and the directors. I loved that these grown men openly spoke about their relationships with Christ. It is so important for our high schoolers to hear these truths and that it is okay for men to talk about Christ openly. My favorite Ghanaian song, Jehovah was sung as all the kids and teachers danced around! Our God is good!






















Jehovah; You are the most High











Jehovah; You are the most High God











Jehovah; You are the most High











Jehovah; You are the Most High God






















Jehovah eh, Jehovah aah, Jehovah eh, Jehovah aah

































Please pray for my class. I have one little girl whose family is a prevalent Muslim family. During chapel this week, she had her jacket over her head most of the time. I wish she wasn't so turned off as God has so much to offer her. Tuesday was a rough day as far as discipline goes as I must admit that I was not a good example of Christ's love. However, Wednesday was much better and I told the kids that I was so proud of them at the end of the day. One of them asked if it was the best days and I told them that they will never have a perfect day but they really worked hard and that they may continue to make good choices. One of the girls said the best of best days will happen when Christ comes back. I was floored with this truth, of course I know it but to hear it from an eight year old was beautiful. The majority of the kids agreed with this. We then got on the conversation of what heaven will be like and how Christ is coming back. I was going to get the kids out on time but that went down the drain. Of course, God's timing is perfect and more important than the school clock. I was able to share the gospel with my kids and then tell them how important it is to be ready for the Lord to come back. One student asked if anyone who wanted to, could give their life to Christ right then. I said of course and that I always am available for questions. Then one of my students asked if God made Muslims since I have two in the class. I said that God made everyone and one of my Muslims said that Allah made he and not God. Then I had another student say that Allah and God were the same people. It was getting out of control at this point so I had to stop it but the Lord is definitely working in my classroom as some of my students grow in their faith and others want to fight it. For this family to find the truth would be amazing. God has placed them in our school for a reason and through the power of prayer, He can bring this family to the truth.




















On Friday, I took my kids on a mini field trip. We are beginning to talk about community so I walked them around the neighborhood, past my house, and to the orphanage so they could see the different dynamics that make up the neighborhood around us. The kids did ver well walking despite the coming heat and noone even got ran over which is always a plus! I think the kids learned from this experience as they were able to see the world beyond their compound and understand how we all must interact in the community together for it to happen. The community in Ghana is very mixed. I have squatters down the road and probably millionaires. There are people selling goods on their heads while others have plenty of people working for them. We have normal families and children without families. The neighborhood is very diverse but I love interacting with the people as they are my neighbors and a vital part of this culture. I am so thankfuful to God for giving me this passion for Ghana and the people here. I pray that wherever we are planted, we continue to seek God for His guidance and see his working hand in every situation.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christy, thanks for your updates...I actually quoted something you said in my classroom the other day. It was relevant, timely, and I never would have been able to if you weren't faithful to share. Thanks girl! God bless!
    P.S. I'll have to give you the details over a skype date. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear about your class this year! The classroom looks awesome!!! Know I am praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete