Sunday, October 9, 2011

How Great Thou Art

Well I think the title pretty much sums up everything you need to know so there isn't any reason to keep writing! That is my blog and I hope you enjoyed!

Alright, I was kidding, but seriously with the words "How Great Thou Art" what more can be said? We sang this song at church today and I am so thankful for the reminder that nothing can separate us from Jesus because He is Great and Mighty! I need this daily reminder!

Last Sunday we traveled again to Pram Pram to teach Sunday School. All of the kids were back to start school and they were praising Jesus with all their might! I love their heart for God even with worries of their own. We had 13 kids from school go and they did a great job teaching the parable of the mustard seed. We even planted seeds but then the kids drowned them with water and made mud soup. Oh well, you can only do so much with them! This is so good for are kids who have so much to give to others.

At school, Monday started with one of the girls praying that if people didn't know God, that God would bring them to their knees infront of them and they would accept Him as their Savior. I am not doing her prayer justice but it was so eloquently said for a 6 year old. Praise the Lord! This month is reading month so the kids are reading every chance they get! Reading the bible counts as double minute reading so they have all been sitting there reading the bible. I am not sure all that they understand but it is so cute to watch them trying to read the words. Some wanted to know where it talked about Jesus and others wanted to know if there was a Hannah in the bible since we have one in class. Good conversations have come from this and I am thankful for every chance. I just pray that the Lord will put it on my heart to share every chance I get!

I am loving my kids even though they are crazy like me! Last week, my principal walked in and we had sticky notes all over us as we were learning possessive nouns. On my eye, was a sticky note that said Miss Sop's eye. He wasn't quite sure what to think but then the kids started putting sticky notes on him that said Mr. Crosby's shirt. It was hilarious and he quickly shut the door on our madness! One day, I had a student who I stuck out in the hallway to finish work. However, I could hear him still whistling in the hallway and then I looked down and found his shoes still at his desk. Oh well, whatever works! We have been learning about community helpers this week so whenever they see another teacher or security guard the say, "hello community helper." It makes me feel like maybe they are learning something but as I learned in church today, I must not keep the praises to myself but give the glory to God! On Friday, a teacher came to me saying there was a Korean student with a hard contact stuck in their eye. I am the only one with hard contacts so I left him with my kids which were reading their "fake excuses for being late to school" on a chair infront of the class. I am sure he thinks we are ridiculous as well, oh well. Anyways, as you know, a Korean's eye does not open much as it is especially when it is irritated. I kept looking for it in the eye but then was told that it was still on the eye, oops! I then showed her how to pop the contact out without using the suction cup. Praise the Lord, it worked after I prayed as I was nervous about it! I am thankful that the Lord constantly reminds me of being faithful in Him with just the little things. I didn't do much but noone else knew how to get a hard contact out. Thank you Lord that you use our experiences and knoweledge in little ways to help others.

On Saturday, we had our first soccer game. The fun started early as Daniel my guard helped us line the field. We just used a tapemeasure and a cutless to mark the spots. Then they used lime powder in a plastic bottle to shake it on the tape measure in a line. I love how things are done in Ghana. They are efficient in what they do even though it isn't the easy ways we have in America. Sometimes we are so use to convenience, that we don't know how to do anything inventive! Of course the other teams was more than a half hour late even though they kept telling me they were a couple of minutes away. You have to love Ghanaians and their time management! I shouldn't complain because I am turning into that! Anyways, the first four minutes were great as we scored but it went all down hill after that. It was definitely a learning experience for us all. I know we will get better though. I do love these boys and they know it. Earlier in the week, some of the boys came in my room saying there was a new kid who was a keeper. They told him I was there mom at school and if he needed anything they could come to me. I felt honored and it reminded me of how much I need to show them love even when it is hard. However, they will take advantage of me if I am not careful. It is a fine line but learning the balance.

After the game, I rushed to the tutoring which is a highlight of my week. The mom asked if I had had lunch since she knew I was at the game so she made me French Toast which was so cute! I just feel loved here and part of the family as we sit on the ground next to a coffee table doing work. I have been convicted though to share Christ more with this family so please pray that I will find ways to show them the Love of Christ and that we could have conversations in broken English since I don't know Japanese.

I pray that you can can all find comfort in the Lord this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment