Saturday, April 9, 2011

Homesick

My kids are busy putting together their fairy tale plays. Since we had testing last week, we had to have some fun!
I promise she is not strangling him! She is holding his cape together since he a super hero.

A lady who created a phonics program that we like sent us free books. The kids were excited and wanted to show off their new books and phonics cards. We even sent this picture to the lady. God bless people who will help us out!


This week has been like most weeks. Full teaching schedule and headaches with soccer. I leave each day feeling exhausted but love every moment of each day. On Thursday after bible study, the wife of one of my students and a teacher at the school told me I needed a couple of months at ome to recooperate. Once she said that, I started to realize that I really do want want to be home. I mean I love it here, this is home but when I take the time to realize what I am missing out on at home, it gets overwhelming. Fortunately, after I had my pit party and called my parents wee early in the morning, I snapped out of it. I am human, and have those moments but I am very thankful for the Lord leading me to Ghana, this is where I need to be. Through my breakdown moments, I am led back to the cross, back to my Savior, and back to His sacrifices. I can sacrifice time with my family if it is God's will and his name is being magnified. Being homesick, ultimately reminds me of the homesickness we have towards Heaven. That is what we should be longing for. The day when we can see our Savior face to face and spend eternity praising our King! I will post a song down below. Until then, we will keep plugging away, getting our quench filled through God's holy word and encouraging one another to press on.



Last week we had standardized testing and we survived four days of me reading everything to them! They had a hard time not answering questions aloud but we had fun in the process! We always know how to have a good time. On Thursday, we made cookies in class to practice fractions, mixtures, working together, and so much more. They said, wow this is a lot of subjects. Teaching at its finest when you can combine all of the subjects. During lunch, I ran to a teacher's house next door to the school and baked them all, which left them all glued together since they didn't have time to cool but they all seemed to enjoy them although one of the girls said hers was poisoned. Don't worry, she is still with us today. We are also working on fairy tale skits that they have fractured. They are not very developed but they are proud of their creations so I will stay satisfied! I love seeing my classroom when the kids are creating, there is material everywhere like confetti blown from the ceiling. My motto, you aren't working hard enough unless you have a huge mess!


Today I went to Auntie Jean's new house to help the kids learn maths. Yes, with an s, supposedly the Biritsh say it that way. Anyways, some of the kids are absorbing the new skills and others are not. Next week is the competition. Please pray that I have everything together for next week and the kids are responsive to the activities. Today, there was light coming through one of the clouds which created a rainbow. Someo of the kids said, Jesus is coming back and the angles are paving the way. You have to love the beauty God has shown.


Thank you to all those who support me and pray for me. Please know I pray you as well.


Only be homesick for our heavenly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment