Friday, April 1, 2011

Most Important Lesson

After teaching the same grup of students for 7 months so far and another 2 months left, I pray that the students glean many of the acadmic skills that I have taught them in order to be successful throughout their student career. Beyond academics, I hope that I inspire them to be hard workers who seek out opportunities to learn and push themselves to achieve the impossible. Beyond the work ethics, I pray with all my heart that they undestand and believe the geatest truth ever which I cannot restate enough. On Wednesday, this special topic was brought back to our attentions again and again with much joy we addressed it to its finest. If you are not sure what I am talkin about, don't worry I am tellin you now. During bible this beautiful question was asked..... "What do you have to do to be saved?" Oh those words kept my eyes wide and my smile big as I quickly prayed for the Lord to give me the right words. I then went on to tell them that I wanted them to know this truth more than anything even though Ihave told them before. I gave the salvation message and walked though the prayer that they need to have with God in order to surrender their life to Christ. I want them to know that I am always available to talk about Christ and how important it is for them to accept Christ. 2nd graders are excellent about getting off topic so we ended up talking about underground churches in Ghana. Through that, one of my muslim girls asked if sacrifical deaths were okay. I asked what she meant and she said killing yourself. WOW! Well, no it isn't. If someone kills you because you stand up for Christ then that is different but to just kill yourself thinking that will help is not okay. THen my other Muslim girl asked does God still love the people that say Jesus is only a prophet? WOW! Another heavy topic that shows the difference between Christanity and Islam. Again, I referred to Christ as the Savior and the only true way to get to heaven is through accpting him as our personal Savior from all of our sins. THese two girls are testing the waters and deciding which way to go. It is a struggle as they hear one truth at home and another at school but please pray that they will begin to see Christ as their only true way for salvaton and eternal life in Heaven. They know the truth, they just now need to accept with all of their heart. Some of my student have acceped Christ, even as early as 4 and others are still trying to make it personal by realizing acceptance is the only true way. Yes, they are young but they are really searching for the truth. I love being able to have these conversations openly in class as this is what life is all about. I desperately want them to know how to read and know their math skills quickly, but in reality, if they know the truth about Christ, then they have achieved everything. April Fool's Day! A teacher has to love April Fool's Day as kids are always trying to pull pranks. I am pretty safe as a second grade teacher as their pranks consist of "Everything is gone Miss Sopcisak" "Look over there" "I don't have my homework" "Your papers are missing" You just act surprise, they say April Fool's and then they think they are hilarious for fooling you. Whatever makes them happy! One of my girls wrote in her journal that she would prank someone by hiding the map or globe and yell Rome is no longer a country. Oh I laughed so hard since Rome is not a country to begin with but she is trying to be creative at least! One of the high schoolers made a fake newsletter that stated we didn't have school today. It came from someone noone would expect so it was amazing but administration did not find it as funny as we did. My teacher friends and I had our fun too as we switched classes for awhile. I began the day in kindergarten and then later on I went to 9th grade which has most of my soccer players in it. I read them a kids story before giving them a test. At first they complained about the story and said "I can't believe this is suppose to be our soccer coach" but then they all listened. At one point I had to stop and voice my throught aloud that I couldn't believe that the were all actually being quiet. It was quite funny to look at and watch them look at the pictures and interact with the book. Some of them enjoyed the book as it gave them a few more minutes to study. It is good to switch up the day some, keeps us all alert and on our toes. My kids really didn't say anything about the two switches with two different teachers. One girl even said, "Wait you were gonge? I didn't see any other teachers in here?" Oh man, that is scary! Here are some encouraging word to leave you with; "And he shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel: Today you are on the verge of battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them; 4 for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you" Deuteronomy 20:3-4 Amen that we do not have to fight the battles alone! We have Christ so why do we have to fear at all? He does save us and protect us and I must remember this truth constantly. Praise God for his ultimate sacrifice and his unconditional love. "Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. The Humbled and Exalted Christ 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Light Bearers 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. 14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain. 17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18 For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me. " Philippians 2 Christ was able to give up his kingship to be a lowly baby and carpenter. Why? To save us from our sins? Are we worth that sacrifice? Are we willing to sacrifice our time, our reputation, all for the one who sacrifice the most? These verses really put in perspective the important matters in life and the true example Christ as set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment