Saturday, September 5, 2009

Faith like a Child

Faith like a Child
As a lot of my close friends know, not being at camp this summer was hard on me as I did not get to interact with children every day and answer a million questions about our great big God. Yes, I did realize that I needed to be home this summer and now, I am able to have the camp experience again as my students are always asking me questions about the Bible. I love having bible time each day. We are learning about Moses right now and I am trying to teach the books of the Bible but of course it is hard to get through anything with inquisitive minds at work. I don’t mind because I want to answer the students questions to the best of my ability so they can know the Lord at a deeper level.
This past week was amazing in this respect as I have one little boy always asking great questions. One day he asked me if he could read His bible during silent reading time. I of course said yes and then I asked him if he wanted to take it home. He said he didn’t have a bible at home so he was happy to take it home. The next day, the students were standing in line to go to chapel and he was standing there with his arm raised quietly. This memory will help me realize how important it is to address kids right away because if I ignored his hand, I would never know this information. I called on him and he said, “you know my father isn’t a Christian, but last night he read the bible after dinner.” He was so proud! He told me that his dad read about Paul in Acts and he learned all about it. God is working in amazing ways and I need to take each opportunity to see them for what they are worth and really praise the Lord for his goodness. Amen!
On Friday, the students were asking about God and I told them that there was only on God. We then had a discussion on Allah and Buddha but I reminded them that there is only one true God and that we must believe in Him for everlasting life. The students were very curious about this and I just thank the Lord who was able to speak through me and reveal His truth. The students even remembered a verse they learned in chapel on Wednesday about there being only one true God. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment