Friday, September 25, 2009

Spiritual Warfare

I am going to talk about a light and happy subject… I hope you know that I am joking! You know me, always looking to be sarcastic. Anyways, this week in our weekly meetings at school, we talked about the tension between the Muslims and the school. Parents who send their students to AIS know it is a Christian school that teaches bible and has chapel. Last year, the Muslim parents expressed acceptance of our teaching but this has changed to some bitterness as their students have decided to follow Jesus in a new way. The kids are praying and speaking about Jesus openly which has made their parents show resentment towards AIS. The devil knows that God’s word is being heard and accepted in Ghana and he doesn’t want this to happen. I normally don’t talk openly about spiritual warfare but being here as made me realize that it is real and satan will try anything to stop the spreading of the Gospel. Please pray that the parents will be open to the Gospel and allow their students to stay in the school. Amazing things are happening and they need to continue. Again today, I had students asking me if there is only one God and again I shared with them how to worship only one God. God is working here in Ghana and throughout the world, that is was we cannot allow the devil to get a foothold anywhere possible. That means responsibility as faculty to remain strong in our own faith and stay united so the Lord will reign at AIS and throughout the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment